Where there is love, there is life

Friday, January 15, 2010

Going to give blogging a try

As much as I love my caring bridge site, I thought I'd give blogging a try. I feel that that site is to keep people updated on Colten and this is a good way to continue updating on our family life. We are hanging in there... taking it a day at a time right now. David, our pastor at the services, nailed grief on the head. It is like standing in the ocean with the waves coming at you, some are little ripples and others knock you on your can! I have had some pretty rough days, but am lucky enough to have an amazing support system to see me through.


Other things that have been going on:


Tallia turned 12 yesterday. I know that you are all thinking that I am WAY too young to have a twelve year old, and you are all right! I can't get over how fast time flies! We had a wonderful time celebrating with the family and tonight she is celebrating sleepover style with some friends. She is so grown up these days. I am the luckiest woman alive to have a daughter as amazing as her!


We joined the gym... Anyone who knows me knows how crazy that is:) I am trying to find something to fill my days now that I have no babies home with me. I am hoping that this will not only do that, but also help me get into shape!


I am getting ready to start on thank you notes. The kindness and outpouring of support we have received just blows my mind! Please know that we are so very thankful for you all and eventually I will get out my cards. I just need to lengthen my attention span first:)


Love to you all,

Erika

3 comments:

  1. I think that this is an excellant idea! You will grow to love the gym too. Love you bunches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erika,
    My name is Kate. I am a good friend of Sharlah's. I was with her at Colten's service, but didn't want to bother you with introducing myself at that time because I know you were already overwhelmed with what was going on. I unfortunately didn't learn about Colten until Sharlah met you in Tucson, but please know that we pray for you and your family (and Colten) everyday. Colten has touched our family and lives and we never even met him. God Bless you in this journey to a "new" normal.
    The Kupfer Family

    ReplyDelete
  3. “When it hurts to look back, and you're scared to look ahead, you can look beside you and your best friend will be there”

    ReplyDelete